Schedule of Events – DANCER IN ME 2019:
FRIDAY 3/29/2019: DIM OPENS
9:45AM–10:45AM: Opening Plenary Worship & Orientation
11:00AM-4:30PM: Classes, Panels, Forums
VENUE: CABRILLO HS Campus & Auditorium – 2001 SANTA FE AVE. LONG BEACH, 90810
6:00PM-7:30PM: *Special Event: LBUF Sky Kids International Fundraiser Benefit
Keesal, Young, & Logan – 400 OCEANGATE, LONG BEACH, 90801
*Ticketed event; not included in cost of DIM registration. Call 562-293-1700 for reservations
SATURDAY 3/24/2018 DIM & THE LONG BEACH UNITY MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL
9:00AM-5:00PM Morning Worship Plenary, Classes, Workshops & Exhibitions
11:00AM-5:00PM: *The Long Beach Unity Music & Arts Festival
Kids Zone, Master Classes, Workshops, Choirs, Dance Ministries & Companies, Food/Merchant/Resource Vendors
5:00PM-6:30PM: DINNER ON YOUR OWN
7:00PM: DIM/LBUF Breaking Barriers Closing Concert of Praise & Artistry
VENUE: CABRILLO HS Campus – 2001 SANTA FE AVE. LONG BEACH, 90810
*ADMISSION TO THE LB UNITY FESTIVAL is FREE to ALL REGISTERED CONFERENCE PARTICIPANTS, CHILDREN UNDER 12 YRS, & STUDENTS W/VALID I.D. ALL OTHERS – $5.00 DONATION @ THE GATE.
ON-SITE REGISTRATION DATES/TIMES:
FRIDAY, MARCH 29: 9:00AM-3PM @ CABRILLO HS
SATURDAY, MARCH 30: 8:00AM-4PM @ CABRILLO HS
Note: A $10.00 Late Processing Fee will be added for all On-Site Registrants
No personal checks after March 15, 2019. Payments received thereafter must be cash, credit card, money order or Church/Ministry/Organization check. Please make checks payable to: LONG BEACH UNITY FESTIVAL
LEVELS AND CLASS PLACEMENT:
Upon Registration please indicate your CURRENT LEVEL of technical expertise as it relates to your artistic discipline.
CLASS BREAK-OUT CATEGORIES:
- Adults (Men & Women – 18-55yrs.)
- Adults/Limited or Low-Impact Movement (Men & Women – 56yrs. & up)
- Pastors/Clergy/Ministers of Music & Arts
- Teens (13-17yrs.)
- Sky Kids Academy I Children (Beginners 6-12yrs.)
- Sky Kids Academy II Children (Intermediate/Advanced 6-12 yrs.)
DIM Disciplines & Course Listings:
Teens (w/accompanying Chaperons) and Adults are free to choose from more than 40 classes within the various disciplines of study and course titles listed below. Children ages 6-12 will have a specialized course track pre-assigned to them (Sky Kids Academy I or II) according to their level of expertise and experience: Participants in groups aged 17 & under must be accompanied by an adult (21 years +) chaperon. There will be ONE (1) Adult Chaperon per every FIVE (5) youth.
Includes a multitude of technique classes including but not limited to Modern, Ballet, Repertory, Jazz, Improvisation, Dance Composition (Choreography), Lyrical, Tap, Salsa, Afro-Caribbean, Afro-Modern, W. African.
Includes a wide variety of styles/genres of urban/street dance techniques including but not limited to Old School, House, Tribal Funk, Hip-Hop Fusion, Krump, Pop-Locking, Urban Groove.
MUSIC & WORSHIP
Includes specialized classes for singers, worship leaders, directors, musicians, and clergy in the area of sacred music and worship including but not limited to vocal techniques, choir, songwriting, leading worship, choir conflict/resolution, balancing sacred vs. secular, music of this millennium.
THEATER & MIME
Includes traditional acting techniques, monologues, creating plays and productions, effective use of physical expressions through body language, gestures, and ultimately creation of musicals, choreo-dramas, and dances inclusive of mime technique.
Includes an introduction to use of flags & banners, use of worship arts & pageantry to reach nations, creation & crafting of flags & banners, prophetic relevance and messages through pageantry, identifying purpose and use of new pageantry tools.
SPIRITUAL FORMATION & PROPHETIC MINISTRY
Includes specialized bible teaching with application on the introduction to the prophetic gift, how to release your spiritual gift, becoming a prophetic intercessor, and how to pray prophetically for nations.
VISUAL & MEDIA ARTS
Includes introduction to photography, film making, videography, creative crafting, paint meditation, ministry & social media.
Includes high-energy Cardio & Soul-Kickboxing, Zumba Jama, Pilates, Holy Yoga, Cardio-Barre, Dance Meditation, Nutrition, and Self-Defense Techniques.
SKY KIDS ACADEMY I (Beginner level, Children Ages 6-12)
Includes specialized focus just for kids who are new to performing arts and music; Includes an energetic, fun, and technical mix of all movement-oriented disciplines with emphasis on dance, kids choir, physical fitness, and visual arts.
SKY KIDS ACADEMY II (Intermediate-Advanced, Children Ages 6-12)
Includes specialized focus just for kids who have 3 or more years of dance training AND/OR have advanced expertise in performing arts and music; Includes faster pace, energetic, technical mix of all movement-oriented disciplines with emphasis on dance, kid’s choir, and physical fitness.
DANCER IN ME COURSE LISTINGS ©:
- ADMINISTRATION, MANAGEMENT, & RETENTION OF YOUR MINISTRY TEAM (Leaders/Directors)
- AFRO-CARIBBEAN TECHNIQUE
- AFRO-JAZZ TECHNIQUE
- AFRO-MODERN TECHNIQUE
- ACTING TECHNIQUE FOR MIME MINISTRY
- ACTING TECHNIQUE FOR CHILDREN
- BANNER POWER: SHIFTING THE ATMOSPHERE
- BATTLE FOR THE SEED: Strategies for those teaching YOUTH & MILLENNIALS
- BEFORE WE GO: UNDERSTANDING TERRITORIES & OUTREACH
- BUILDING YOUR MESSAGE WITH DANCE & PAGEANTRY
- CHILDREN CREATING DANCES (Dance Composition)
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP TECHNIQUE
- CONTEMPORARY BALLET TECHNIQUE
- CONTEMPORARY LYRICAL TECHNIQUE
- CREATING COMMUNITY THROUGH USE OF THEATER
- CREATIVE DRUMMING FOR DANCERS
- DANCE COMPOSITION: ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN
- DANCER IN ME CHILDREN’S CHOIR
- DANCING YOUR PRAYERS WITH POWER
- DOCUMENTARIES: THE PROCESS TO PUTTING YOUR STORY ON SCREEN
- ELEMENTS OF A HEALTHY CHOIR
- IMPROVISATION THAT LAYS GROUNDWORK FOR CREATIVE/PROPHETIC DANCE
- JAZZ FUSION TECHNIQUE
- MAKE US ONE: COMMUNITY BANNER-MAKING
- ME TOO: HEALING THE HURT THROUGH MOVEMENT
- MODERN DANCE TECHNIQUE
- MIGHTY ME! MIME TECHNIQUE FOR KIDS
- OUT OF ORDER! HOW TO ESTABLISH EFFECTIVE PROTOCOL (Leaders/Directors)
- PLANETSHAKERS COMMUNITY CHOIR
- PLAYWRITES & PLANETSHAKERS: HOW TO CREATE PLAYS & PRODUCTIONS
- POWER of the MIME: TECHNIQUE & APPLICATION
- PRODUCTION: START-TO-FINISH PRESENTATIONS FOR OUTREACH
- PROPHETIC SINGING & SONGWRITING
- PROPHETIC UNITY IN PAGEANTRY
- PROSPER & BE IN GOOD HEALTH: FINANCIAL PLANNING FOR YOUR MINISTRY
- SACRED VS. SECULAR: ARTISTS NAVIGATING TWO WORLDS
- SAN DO KAI MARTIAL ARTS & KICKBOXING
- SALSA TECHNIQUE: (INDIVIDUAL & PARTNERING)
- SELF DEFENSE STRATEGIES FOR WOMEN
- SCHOOL OF HIP HOP (Specialty Track)
- SCHOOL OF THE PROPHETIC (Specialty Track)
- SOCIAL MEDIA, MINISTRY, & EXPOSURE
- SOUL OF THE SINGER: VOCAL TECHNIQUE FOR SINGERS
- SPIRIT DANCE MEDITATION
- STEP TECHNIQUE: (Beginner /Intermediate/Advanced)
- TAP TECHNIQUE & RHYTHM IN THE SPIRIT
- TELLING A STORY THROUGH ACTING & DANCE (CHOREO-DRAMA for Young People)
- USE OF PAGEANTRY & ARTISTRY FOR EFFECTIVE OUTREACH & EVANGELISM:
- WEE-HOP! Hip-Hop for Kids: (For Kids, Taught by Kids)
- WEST AFRICAN TECHNIQUE: SACRED CONTEXT
- WORSHIP TEAMS THAT SET THE ATMOSPHERE
- WRITING & MOVEMENT TO SPOKEN WORD
WHAT TO WEAR & WHAT TO BRING:
Modest, conservative dance and movement attire which appropriately covers the body in decency and order. Bring appropriate footwear for techniques in tap, jazz, ballet, & urban. Please no jeans, shorts, tubes, tanks, or large jewelry allowed. Official DANCER IN ME TEE SHIRTS will be available on-site for purchase. PACK LIGHT with toiletries, water bottle, change of clothing (for night concerts), medications, money for vendors, and snacks as needed.
Evening Attire, Colors, and Worship Tools:
The entire DANCER IN ME Delegation should be in their full dance garments representing your team’s creative style, flavor, beauty, glory to God and UNITY! Guests are encouraged to dress comfortably! During the Evening Concert Celebration on SATURDAY MARCH 30TH, which is open to the public, a free-will offering will be taken.
NOTE: Please be sure to bring Journal, Flags, Billows, Banners, Streamers, Tambourines and other Worship Tools to the entire conference experience and Unity Festival!
VENDOR VILLAGE PARTICIPANTS:
Marketplace Village Vendors: Vendors for DIM & LBUF will be accepted until 3/15/19 and are placed logistically on a first-come, first served basis. Food Vendors/Booths are ONLY accepted for The Long Beach Unity Festival on Saturday 3/30/19 @ CABRILLO HS. ALL REQUIRED CITY PERMITS & LONG BEACH HEALTH DEPT. PERMITS MUST BE PRESENTED TO LBUF/DIM PRIOR TO THE DAY OF MAIN EVENT—NO EXCEPTIONS. The Dancer in Me @ CABRILLO HIGH SCHOOL accepts merchant & resource vendors only upon approval. For Payment, Registration, & Other Vendor Info, Click “REGISTER HERE” on the Spirit of Praise Homepage.
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD VENDOR PDF APPLICATION
Advertising & Sponsorship Opportunities:
Want your business, ministry, or special event highlighted for the duration of the DIM and The Long Beach Unity Festival? Place a DIGITAL AD or BANNER for $100 to run throughout DIM. Artwork must be done at high-resolution, jpeg file. Deadline for artwork submission March 15th (Approval Required – Email to LBUNITY@YAHOO.COM).
Travel Dates, Airports, Hotels & On-Site Transportation:
OUT-OF-TOWN registered participants traveling by air should plan to fly into LONG BEACH AIRPORT (LGB) or LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL (LAX) If flying, DIM attendees are encouraged to arrive in California on THURSDAY March 28, 2019. All Conference Airport Transportation is on-your-own R/T to your place of lodging. Out-of-Town guests may choose between the MARRIOTT RESIDENCE INN or HOTEL MAYA, both located on Queensway Drive in downtown Long Beach. They are approximately 15 minutes from LB Airport, and approximately 45 minutes from LAX. Taxis, Uber, and Shared Ride Shuttle Services are cost-effective and reliable options. Additionally, both hotels are just minutes via shuttle away from the beach and exciting Pine Street with lots of shops and restaurants.
ON-SITE TRANSPORTATION VIA SHUTTLE IS COMPLIMENTARY & PROVIDED BY THE DIM/LBUF STAFF TO ALL OUT-OF-TOWN HOTEL GUESTS DAILY TO & FROM ALL EVENT VENUES. LOCAL DIM/LBUF PARTICIPANTS are encouraged to carpool whenever feasible to/from all conference venues.
Long Beach Attractions:
Located in the heart of sunny Southern California, Long Beach blends urban sophistication with the relaxed atmosphere of a beachside community. Discover unique hotels, world-class attractions like the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific and the Queen Mary, cutting-edge museums, award-winning restaurants and a thriving, multi-faceted arts and culture scene. Save your favorite places to your itinerary and share your discoveries with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Whether you’re visiting Long Beach, California for business, fun or both, you’ll always find something unconventional to do. Satisfy your inner urbanite at downtown Long Beach’s vibrant waterfront scene. From eclectic neighborhoods to sandy beaches, you’ll find Long Beach to be an urban waterfront playground. Visit museums, tour a 1930s-ocean liner and watch sea lions at Long Beach’s aquarium. Enjoy live performances and cruise Naples canals. Spot dolphins at play on your way to Catalina Island. Or take a short jaunt to Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, or other Southern California attractions.