General Schedule – DANCER IN ME 2018:
11AM – 4PM: Orientation, Classes, & Workshops
7PM: Cover the Earth Gathering featuring “The Edgers & Innovators Showcase”
VENUE: CABRILLO HS Auditorium – 2001 SANTA FE AVE. LONG BEACH, 90810
(OPEN TO THE PUBLIC)
8:00AM-6:00PM: Classes, Workshops & Forums
VENUE: CSULB Campus (Dance Studios) 1250 Bellflower Blvd. LB 90840
DIM & THE LONG BEACH UNITY MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL
11:00AM: Planet Shakers Palm Sunday Celebration
(DIM Participants & Public-FREE to All)
Speaker: Rev. Dr. Najuma Smith Pollard, Word of Encouragement Church-L.A.
12:00PM-6:00PM: The Long Beach Unity Music & Arts Festival
Kids Zone, Master Classes, Workshops, Forums, Live Bands, Choirs, Dance Ministries & Companies, Food/Merchant/Resource Vendors, & The Dancer in Me Close-out Extravaganza.
VENUE for BOTH EVENTS: CABRILLO HS Campus – 2001 SANTA FE AVE. LONG BEACH, 90810
*ADMISSION TO THE LB UNITY FESTIVAL is FREE to ALL REGISTERED CONFERENCE PARTICIPANTS, CHILDREN UNDER 12 YRS, & STUDENTS W/VALID I.D. ALL OTHERS – $5.00 DONATION.
ON-SITE REGISTRATION DATES/TIMES:
FRIDAY, MARCH 23: 10:00AM-6PM @ CABRILLO HS
SATURDAY, MARCH 24: 7:30AM-3PM @ CSULB
Note: A $10.00 Late Processing Fee will be added for all On-Site Registrants
No personal checks after March 18, 2018. Payments received thereafter must be cash, credit card, money order or Church/Ministry/Organization check.
Travel Dates & Airport:
OUT-OF-TOWN registered participants traveling by air should plan to fly into LONG BEACH AIRPORT (LGB) or LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL (LAX) If flying, DIM attendees are encouraged to arrive in California on THURSDAY March 22nd, 2018. All Conference Airport Transportation is on-your-own R/T to Hyatt Hotel. The HYATT HOTEL Downtown Long Beach is approximately 15 minutes from LB Airport, and approximately 45 minutes from LAX. Taxis, Uber, and Shared Ride Shuttle Services such as Super Shuttle are cost-effective and reliable options. ON-SITE TRANSPORTATION VIA SHUTTLE IS COMPLIMENTARY & PROVIDED BY THE DIM/LBUF CONFERENCE TO ALL OUT-OF-TOWN HOTEL GUESTS DAILY TO & FROM ALL CONFERENCE VENUES. LOCAL DIM PARTICIPANTS are encouraged to carpool whenever feasible to/from all conference venues.
The HYATT REGENCY DOWNTOWN LONG BEACH, 200 S. Pine St. is this year’s official host hotel. Book now by calling 888-421-1442, Code (Dancer in Me).
The Hyatt Regency Long Beach is a luxurious boutique hotel that’s located a stone’s throw away from the Long Beach Convention Center, the Aquarium of the Pacific, and the Long Beach Marina. Located on a premiere waterfront spot in the heart of Downtown, the Hyatt Regency Long Beach is the only 4 Diamond Award-winning Long Beach, CA hotel with all 528 guestrooms and suites offering ocean or harbor views. With a combination of style, sophistication, comfort, and the ideal site, we will make your experience memorable and enjoyable whether you are traveling for business or pleasure. Just a short walk away from the beach and exciting Pine Street with lots of shops and restaurants, this hotel is ideally located. The Tides Pool Restaurant features continental cuisine while the Perks Coffee Pantry has a more casual atmosphere and menu. The service is always quick and attentive, and the staff is friendly ensuring a memorable visit.
Long Beach Attractions:
Located in the Heart of Sunny Southern California!
Located in the heart of sunny Southern California, Long Beach blends urban sophistication with the relaxed atmosphere of a beachside community. Discover unique hotels, world-class attractions like the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific and the Queen Mary, cutting-edge museums, award-winning restaurants and a thriving, multi-faceted arts and culture scene. Save your favorite places to your itinerary and share your discoveries with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Whether you’re visiting Long Beach, California for business, fun or both, you’ll always find something unconventional to do. Satisfy your inner urbanite at downtown Long Beach’s vibrant waterfront scene. From eclectic neighborhoods to sandy beaches, you’ll find Long Beach to be an urban waterfront playground. Visit museums, tour a 1930s-ocean liner and watch sea lions at Long Beach’s aquarium. Enjoy live performances and cruise Naples canals. Spot dolphins at play on your way to Catalina Island. Or take a short jaunt to Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, or other Southern California attractions.
LEVELS AND CLASS PLACEMENT:
Upon Registration please indicate your CURRENT LEVEL of technical expertise as it relates to your artistic discipline.
CLASS BREAK-OUT CATEGORIES:
- Adults (Men & Women – 18-55yrs.)
- Adults (Men & Women – 56yrs. & up)
- Pastors/Clergy/Ministers of Music & Arts
- Teens (13-17yrs.) *
- Sky Kids Academy I Children (Beginners 6-12yrs.) *
- Sky Kids Academy II Children (Intermediate/Advanced 6-12 yrs.) *
DIM SCHOOLS & COURSE DESCRIPTIONS::
Teens (w/accompanying Chaperons) and Adults are free to choose from more than 50 classes within the various Schools of Study and Course Titles listed below. Children ages 6-12 will have a specialized course track assigned to them (Sky Kids Academy I or II) according to their level of expertise and experience: Participants in groups ages 17 & under must be accompanied by an adult (21 years +) chaperon. There should be ONE (1) Adult Chaperon per every FIVE (5) youth.
DANCER IN ME SCHOOL DESCRIPTIONS ©:
SCHOOL OF CONTEMPORARY DANCE
Includes a multitude of technique classes including but not limited to Modern, Ballet, Repertory, Jazz, Improvisation, Dance Composition (Choreography), Lyrical, Tap, Salsa, Afro-Caribbean, Afro-Modern, W. African, Capoeira
SCHOOL OF HIP HOP
Includes a wide variety of styles/genres of urban/street dance techniques including but not limited to Old School, House, Tribal Funk, Hip-Hop Fusion, Krump, Pop-Locking, Urban Groove.
SCHOOL OF MUSIC & WORSHIP
Includes specialized classes for singers, worship leaders, directors, musicians, and clergy in the area of sacred music and worship including but not limited to vocal techniques, choir, songwriting, leading worship, choir conflict/resolution, balancing sacred vs. secular, music of this millennium.
SCHOOL OF THEATER & MIME
Includes traditional acting techniques, monologues, creating plays and productions, effective use of physical expressions through body language, gestures, and ultimately creation of musicals, choreo-dramas, and dances inclusive of mime technique.
SCHOOL OF PAGEANTRY
Includes an introduction to use of flags & banners, use of worship arts & pageantry to reach nations, creation & crafting of flags & banners, prophetic relevance and messages through pageantry, identifying purpose and use of new pageantry tools.
SCHOOL OF PROPHETIC MINISTRY
Includes specialized bible teaching with application on the introduction to the prophetic gift, how to release your spiritual gift, becoming a prophetic intercessor, and how to pray prophetically for nations.
SCHOOL OF VISUAL & MEDIA ARTS
Includes introduction to photography, film making, videography, creative crafting, paint meditation, ministry & social media.
SCHOOL OF FITNESS
Includes high-energy Cardio & Soul-Kickboxing, Zumba Jama, Pilates, Hot Yoga, Cardio-Barre, Capoeira, Dance Meditation, Kinetic Soul/Dance Fit, Shake-Up Nutrition, Self-Defense.
SKY KIDS ACADEMY I (Beginner level, Children Ages 6-12)
Includes specialized focus just for kids who are new to performing arts and music; Includes an energetic, fun, and technical mix of all movement-oriented disciplines with emphasis on dance, kids choir, physical fitness, and visual arts.
SKY KIDS ACADEMY II (Intermediate-Advanced, Children Ages 6-12)
Includes specialized focus just for kids who have 3 or more years of dance training AND/OR have advanced expertise in performing arts and music; Includes faster pace, energetic, technical mix of all movement-oriented disciplines with emphasis on dance, kids choir, physical fitness, and visual arts.
DANCER IN ME COURSE LISTINGS:
- ADMINISTRATION, MANAGEMENT, & RETENTION OF YOUR MINISTRY TEAM (Leaders/Directors)
- AFRO-CARIBBEAN TECHNIQUE
- AFRO-JAZZ TECHNIQUE
- AFRO-MODERN TECHNIQUE
- AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE (ASL) IN MIME & DANCE
- BANNER POWER: SHIFTING THE ATMOSPHERE
- BATTLE FOR THE SEED: Strategies for those teaching YOUTH & MILLENNIALS
- BEFORE YOU GO: UNDERSTANDING TERRITORIES & STRONGHOLDS
- BUILDING YOUR MESSAGE WITH DANCE & PAGEANTRY
- CAPOIERA DANCE IN BATTLE
- CHILDREN CREATING DANCES (Dance Composition)
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP TECHNIQUE
- CONTEMPORARY BALLET TECHNIQUE
- CONTEMPORARY LYRICAL TECHNIQUE
- CREATING COMMUNITY THROUGH USE OF THEATER
- CREATIVE DRUMMING FOR DANCERS
- DANCE COMPOSITION: ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN
- DANCER IN ME CHILDREN’S CHOIR
- DANCING YOUR PRAYERS WITH POWER
- DOCUMENTARIES: THE PROCESS TO PUTTING YOUR STORY ON SCREEN
- ELEMENTS OF A HEALTHY CHOIR
- JAZZ FUSION TECHNIQUE
- LIGHTS, CAMERA, SHAKE THE PLANET! (Acting for Kids)
- MAKE US ONE: COMMUNITY BANNER-MAKING
- ME TOO: HEALING THE HURT THROUGH MOVEMENT
- MODERN DANCE TECHNIQUE
- MIGHTY ME! MIME TECHNIQUE FOR KIDS
- OUT OF ORDER! HOW TO ESTABLISH EFFECTIVE PROTOCOL (Leaders/Directors)
- PLANETSHAKERS COMMUNITY CHOIR
- PLAYWRITES & PLANETSHAKERS: HOW TO CREATE PLAYS & PRODUCTIONS
- POWER of the MIME: TECHNIQUE & APPLICATION
- PRODUCTION: START-TO-FINISH PRESENTATIONS FOR OUTREACH
- PROPHETIC SINGING & SONGWRITING
- PROPHETIC UNITY IN PAGEANTRY
- PROSPER & BE IN GOOD HEALTH: FINANCIAL PLANNING FOR YOUR MINISTRY
- SACRED VS. SECULAR: ARTISTS NAVIGATING TWO WORLDS
- SAN DO KAI MARTIAL ARTS & KICKBOXING
- SALSA TECHNIQUE: (INDIVIDUAL & PARTNERING)
- SELF DEFENSE STRATEGIES FOR WOMEN
- SCHOOL OF HIP HOP (Specialty Track)
- SCHOOL OF THE PROPHETIC (Specialty Track)
- SOCIAL MEDIA, MINISTRY, & EXPOSURE
- SOUL OF THE SINGER: VOCAL TECHNIQUE FOR SINGERS
- SPIRIT DANCE MEDITATION
- SPIRITUAL FITNESS FOR THE SACRED ARTIST
- STEP TECHNIQUE: (Beginner /Intermediate/Advanced)
- TAP TECHNIQUE & RHYTHM IN THE SPIRIT
- TELLING A STORY THROUGH ACTING & DANCE (CHOREO-DRAMA for Young People)
- USE OF PAGEANTRY & ARTISTRY FOR EFFECTIVE OUTREACH & EVANGELISM:
- USE OF PAGEANTRY IN BALLET
- WEE-HOP! Hip-Hop for Kids: (For Kids, Taught by Kids)
- WEST AFRICAN TECHNIQUE: SACRED CONTEXT
- WORSHIP TEAMS THAT SET THE ATMOSPHERE
- WRITING & MOVEMENT TO SPOKEN WORD
DRESS CODE / ATTIRE / WHAT TO BRING:
Modest, conservative dance and movement attire which appropriately covers the body in decency and order. Bring appropriate footwear for techniques in tap, jazz, ballet, & urban. Please no jeans, shorts, tubes, tanks, or large jewelry allowed. Official DANCER IN ME LBUF jackets and tee shirts will be available on-site for purchase. PACK LIGHT with toiletries, water bottle, change of clothing (for night concerts), medications, money for vendors, and snacks as needed.
Evening Attire, Colors, and Tools:
The entire DANCER IN ME Delegation should be in their full dance garments representing your team’s creative style, flavor, beauty, glory to God and UNITY! Guests are encouraged to dress comfortably! During the Evening Worship Services, which are open to the public, a free-will offering will be taken.
- EVE. MARCH 23: COLORS – White | Green | Gold
- SATURDAY AM MARCH 24: COLORS – DIM/LBUF Jackets, Tees, & Paraphernalia
- SUNDAY AM/PM MARCH 25: COLORS – Free-Style Dance Garment (AM) & DIM Tees (PM)
NOTE: Please be sure to bring Journal, Flags, Billows, Banners, Streamers, Tambourines and other Worship Tools to each evening worship experience!
Marketplace Village Vendors: Vendors for DIM & LBUF will be accepted until 3/15/17 and are placed logistically on a first-come, first served basis. Food Vendors/Booths are ONLY accepted for The Long Beach Unity Festival on Sunday 3/25/2018. ALL REQUIRED CITY PERMITS & HEALTH DEPT. PERMITS MUST BE PRESENTED TO LBUF/DIM PRIOR TO THE DAY OF MAIN EVENT—NO EXCEPTIONS. The Dancer in Me @ CSULB accepts merchant & resource vendors only upon approval. For Payment, Registration, & Other Vendor Info, CLICK HERE.
DOWNLOAD VENDOR PDF APPLICATION
2018 Dancer in Me AND Long Beach Unity Festival Vendor Application
Advertising & Sponsorship Opportunities:
Want your business, ministry, or special event highlighted for the duration of the DIM and The Long Beach Unity Festival? Place a DIGITAL AD or BANNER for $100 to run throughout DIM. Artwork must be done at high-resolution, jpeg file. Deadline for artwork submission March 15th (Approval Required – Email to LBUNITY@YAHOO.COM).